Thursday, October 28, 2010

Crisis or Opportunity?

The crisis:  My favorite machine for piecing will not feed the fabric.  I know what the problem is but I have not figured out how to do that kind of deep cleaning myself, so my machine was delivered for a cleaning.  It will be out of operation for a week.  I do have a couple other machines, but this is the only one that fits in my sewing table.

The opportunity:  I have a number of tops that need to be quilted.  I quilted one and used one of the other machines to add the binding. (Not as easy as using my sewing table, but still did the job.)  Now I am going to sit and do the hand binding.   Should be able to deal with a few of these with a whole week to work this way.

I thing I like this kind of situation!  Of course, I would hate it if it went on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment