Saturday, October 23, 2010

Apparently there is still multiplying going on

I found a large number of strings for kids quilts when I opened one of my HeartStrings drawers.  I have spent a few hours with them and have bagged enough for 12 more kids' quilts.  Sure hope I can find people that want to take on the project.  As I said yesterday, I think that the HeartStrings Quilt Project is very worthwhile for the givers and each one of the receivers (who receive the quilts for many different reasons).  With all the kits created, we, the members of the guild and other willing people, do need to get the sewing machines up and running hot.

Why do I do the Quilts of Valor version of HeartStrings?  I make the quilts as a prayer for those who have served and sacrificed and also to honor those I love who have served or are still serving.  My husband is just finishing up 30 years of service in the Navy.  One of my brother-in-laws retired from the Air Force after 20 years, and my other brother-in-law has already served 16 years.  My nephew is serving in the Army.  My father and my father-in-law both served: one during WWII and the other in Korea.  My brother served in the National Guard.  Other family members have given of themselves in service to our country as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment