Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday Report

wheelchair quilt made of shirting samples

Noah's Ark quilt with a herringbone stitch instead of using stitch in the ditch
 I started the morning with a little cutting and then headed out to church.  When I came home I quilted my first UFO using an odd stitch.  I had not quilted the Noah's Ark because I did not like the stark contrast of the white against the blue batik.  Although it is not really an original layout, I really do like the animal blocks embroidered by my FIL.  The blue and white batik looks a little  like water.The herringbone stitch seems to have softened the edges.  Now all I have to do is do the hand sewing on the binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment