Sunday, February 27, 2011

Not about Quilting

Kevin's shingles are healing and he is not contagious to anyone any more, so we followed through with our scheduled dinner last night.  I try to keep the meal simple enough so that I can enjoy visiting as much as everyone else.  Crockpots make this easier.  I made stew.  One pot was chicken stew and the other was beef stew.  Sadly, I have to report that while getting the right size pots out I broke out the bottom of my favorite 4 quart crock. (I did cry!)  Back to the stews...They must have been well received because there was very little leftover.  The beer batter biscuits disappeared as well.
The dessert was a new one and so delicious.  Banana Foster Tart.  Having lived in New Orleans I had experienced this dessert on several occasions and have thought of it several time since, but I was sure it was more of a delicacy than I would be able to concoct.  Believe me it is going into the keep and remake file.  SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TASTY and decadent.

No comments:

Post a Comment