Friday, February 25, 2011

Binding Attached, Playing Begun

I promised myself that I would finish the binding on the 4 Seasons quilt this morning and then clean up. I am pleased to announce that I got it done by 9:30 AM.  Once the hand sewing is done on the binding I will post a photo.  For a first effort in SID on a large quilt, I am pleased.

Of course once I had it all folded and packed for travel, I got sidetracked and decided to experiment with making my own cup sleeve.  I have more strips and leftover binding than anyone can imagine, so that was a quick part.  I have collected a number of the coffee store paper sleeves and even someone's tracing.  I used all of them to decide what shape I needed and then did it my way.  There is no Velcro or any other means to attach the edges because I like simple, so this sleeve has to be made to fit my glasses.  I will make more in the near future but not today.  This one is going to wing its way to my sister Becky with the hope that it will fit a ceramic coffee glass that she made a while back.

No comments:

Post a Comment