Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Happy Last Day of March

We have had some gorgeous Spring like days recently.  No complaints excepted that I would rather have had lots of constant rain so the lake would fill up for boating season.  Guess you just can't have it all.

I have not really done any quilting for the last two days, but I have been filing and doing paperwork centered on personal, charitable, and business quilting.  For my personal quilting, I have only spent $21.32 for fabric for quilts that I had already started previous to 2010.  Wedding and baby quilt gifts fabric and batting added up to $350 + $20 for patterns.  Quilting Dreams expenses are up to $280 and include a techniques class, several design books, equipment maintenance, thread to practice my techniques and build my confidence, plus the ever present business insurance payments. Finally, my charitable contributions of fabrics, batting and thread are up to $200, even though I have used a lot of my personal stash.  The reality is that quilting is not an inexpensive hobby or business, but I do love the fact that during the first 3 months of the year, I have kept my personal purchases to a bare minimum and have still managed to complete quite a few quilts.

This afternoon I am going to be working on some strings blocks and thinking about what more I will need to do to get ready to facilitate the HeartStrings workshop for our guild in May.  These blocks are very simple to make, so there is a lot of time for thinking.  I should be able to complete at least one top today.

The sun is shining and the temps are tempting me to go outside for a little.  Then it is head down and power up.  Hope all of you are having a successful day doing what you are passionate about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment