Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blocks for Fat Quarter Sampler: Guild Project

I started this Block of the Month with my guild. It is from the Quiltmaker magazine, Sept, 06-Feb,07 and is called "Fat Quarter Sampler" by Carolyn Beam.  As  a group we are going to take 13 months to complete the quilt top, but I can't wait that long, so I am going to work ahead, once I get caught up with what we are supposed to be this month.  I already have more blocks made than required because I am making all the blocks of each type when I am assigned only a few.  I don't thing the picture does the fabric justice, but in person, it is all good.  The placement of the blocks on the wall are not in keeping with their placement in the quilt.  The original quilt is twin-size, but I am going to add enough blocks so it will be a queen-size when I am finished.  This is not a normal color palette for me, but I am enjoying the look.  Most of the fabrics are from the "Angels Among Us" collection put out by Benatrex.  The rest of the colors are from other Nancy Halverson's collection with Benatrex or Shadow Play from Maywood Studios.  My personal goal is to have the top finished by November, and have it quilted by December.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I am trying to make this quilt but I can't find the second issue nov/dec 2006 for the next set of blocks. The first and last issue I purchased at a local thrift shop thinking I would be able to find the missing patterns. Would you be interested in selling me the second magazine issued? I love this quilt even more after I found yours.
    Thanks so much,
    Cathy
    lars.larson@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete