Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chistmas Top Completed - Comfort Quilt Binding Finished

 My FIL and I worked on these blocks a year ago at Christmas time, but then I put it away.  I am trying hard to deal with the UFOs before we move in July, so yesterday this one got two borders and will fit on my queen-size bed.  (Ignore the brown and blue edges because that is another quilt.)  The back is going to be snowmen on a blue background, so we can use it until Feb.  I am just going to use meander on it because it is busy enough as it is.

The comfort quilt I made for my sister-in-law is finished and will be mailed tomorrow.  Despite the photo, I think it is a calming quilt.  She is going through chemo treatments for ovarian cancer, and I just wanted to let her know that she is loved.  I quilted it with meandering hearts.

I also quilted another wheelchair quilt that will be going to a nursing home in the next couple of days.  Binding is being stitched down tonight.  I love being productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment