If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know that I am trying hard to avoid buying fabric and focus on using up my stash. All of the most recent purchases have been related to the busting part. I am facilitating the making of quilts for HeartStrings with my guild - mainly for Quilts of Valor, and I am really gun-ho to make this an ongoing project for myself and others that care to join me. However, each time I seem to think I am close to finishing cutting and sorting strings, I find that I am lacking one of the three color groups for my kits; or I am just a few foundation blocks short of another quilt;or I could use just a few more brights to make a strip grouping look even more cheerful; or I need one more back. Then I make up my mind to check my stash again where I have found many great additions to add, but if needed, I make a list of what I will need to pick up. Because it is for charity, Kevin said it does not count against me, but the budget does take note. After adding up my receipts, I have put myself on HOLD!
Watch for more photos including finished quilts before the end of May!