Monday, May 31, 2010

Quilting This Past Week


At Christmas my FIL asked to learn how to quilt.  We decided to start on something simple.  The blocks were completed quickly, but putting it together, quilting it (tied by guild members), and then binding it seemed to be lower priorities.  I finished the binding today and be donating it.  Donating was the plan from the beginning.


The yellow- centered quilt is from the HeartStrings project for April-May.  Two of these quilts were made from the same yellow centers. Both quilts are made using kid-friendly fabrics and feel so cheerful and happy!   One is at another person' home being bound.  I just finished piecing this top this afternoon.  For June-July the project is to use homespun fabrics with a black center.  I have quite a few fat quarters of this type of fabric, but I am only going to use what I have and donate the blocks if I can't reach the magic number of 48 blocks.  The goal for me is to use up my stash, not buy more fabrics.  (At least that is what I keep telling myself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment