Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Heartstrings Blocks

I finally have had a chance to sew.  Being away from the machine for a week was tough, but the toe is beginning to heal and the steps downstairs to my studio are a problem any more. Yesterday, I made 30 blocks for the Heartstrings Quilt Project and cut yards of strips for more.  I have taken charge of doing some Heartstrings  projects on my own and with a group from my guild.  We are going to be doing several different activities that will use these and other blocks in different colors.  We will be making blocks, piecing the tops, tying and/or quilting the quilts, binding the quilts and then giving them to local individuals or groups in need.  What a great way to use up stash and also create warm cheerful quilts for others.    We are also making red/white/blue Quilts of Valor using this style of block.  After we finish these, I will share the outcome. We will be working on them through May. After that, I will probably continue to accept blocks from the group and make more quilts for the Heartstrings Quilt Porject.

**Even when you use some "ugly" fabrics for strings/strips the overall effect when the blocks are combined is something totally different.   If you are interested in donating fabric to this ongoing project, you can contact http://www.heartstrings.com/ or send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment