Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and................

Have you ever been so focused on tasks that you block out the rest of the world?  I do it sometimes when I have a great book, but I always thought I was more aware of my surroundings when I am quilting. 
Monday through Friday I get up, shower, and put on my swimsuit, so that I will have NO excuses for missing my water exercise class.  Then I clean up around the house and hit the studio for my first couple of hours of sewing.  I generally set a timer to give me a heads up on time, but I either forgot or was in the laundry room when it went off.  For the better part of 4 months, this routine has been working great, but yesterday, I was so focused on the quilting tasks I had set for myself that I actually forgot to go to the pool.  My friend called at 9:45 and that was what made me remember.  Of course the class was over.  I am going to take some teasing today!  The good news is that I got so much done that even I am impressed with my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment