I was really not happy with the little tree blocks for my Christmas BOM. I just felt like I could not get them to do what they were supposed to be doing. I made 5 instead of the three needed and chose the best of what there was, but something about each of them really bothered me. The blocks have not been trimmed yet, but I knew I was doing to have to really work to make them fit. Seam allowances were not going to be a full 1/4 inch no matter what I did. Then, while working on another paper piecing (foundation piecing) block, I thought about making the trees that way. I made a practice block and have to say it was very rewarding to have the block actually measure out accurately. This photo does not do it justice, but it worked. So proud of myself that it seems almost silly! However, I do love it when a plan comes together.