Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ready to Deliver

 Since November is a time to be thankful and count our blessings, I thought this would share some of what my guild, my FIL and I have done to let others know that we want to pay forward all the blessings we have in our lives.
Today 9 of these quilts are being donated to
the Women's Advocacy program in my area.  It feels so good to have this many ready to go.  I made a few by myself, but 5 of the 10 were made with the efforts of my quilt group and 2 were made with the efforts of my FIL and me.  I have been collecting for about 5 months.  I also have 4 other small quilts plus one in this pile that will be headed to another organization that helps babies and young children.  This is a real "feel good" experience.

We have also made part of the 20 HeartStrings Quilts of Valor for a special delivery at the end of January.  Tonight I hope to receive a few more back that are quilted and also give out several more of the kits for making the blocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment