47 red, white/tan, and blue squares leftover from the alphabet quilt. There were not enough to do anything large, but this little quilt which measures 38 x 48 and will be quilted with red thread using one of my pantographs that I have not tried, yet. The top row may look off centered but it is because of the dark blue sides on the blocks. Since this is just something I wanted to play with, I see no reason to re-arrange anything now that it is sewn. I started with 4 patch blocks and cut off a three inch strip. Then after looking at the blocks, I realized that I needed on more complete block to make it a 3 x 4. That is when I started playing with the dark blue. I cut one 5 x 5 block and used the last three squares from my leftovers to make the 12th block. However, I then realized that the blocks were not squares anymore because of that second cut. I decided to add the blue to each square. Then I decided I needed a border. Did not notice the top row issue until everything was seemed. decided that if someone saw the quilt in person it would be self-explanatory so not RIPPING!
It is too small to be a Quilt of Valor, but Kevin and my FIL both said it would be a great wheelchair quilt, so once it is quilted it will head to my VA Home pile of quilts. The back fabric is a flannel patriotic with flags and meaningful words.