Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quilt of Valor #6

I just finished quilting my 6th Quilt of Valor for the month of January.  These are the ones that I had planned to do in December before I got pneumonia. 
I used a little more ragged version of meandering on this quilt.  I had just talked to someone who what recovering from some major health problems and heard over and over again that recovery is not a smooth road.  That thought stuck with me and became my focus as I quilted.
The last two quilts have black batting.  It seemed to work about the same as any other batting I have used, but I think it kept from having any batting|"fuzz" show on the solid navy-blue back of #5. 
To finish off this month's effort, I am going to bind #5 tonight.  I have one more QOV waiting for me to finish, so I am going to try and get it done tomorrow before I deliver all of them to their next destination where someone else will attach the binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment