Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Couple of Random Thoughts


In December, I had great intentions of quilting 6 Quilts of Valor, but after getting pneumonia and then working on all the fun projects with Dad H, I just didn't follow through.  This week I have decided to complete three of the quilts and then do the others next week.  I have two finished and also did a fun baby quilt so I would have binding to do while I travel.  I will show you the baby quilt some time next week, but I have shown the top before.
 I also had store sample to complete.  It is a yo-yo monkey by Indigo Junction.  It was fun to make, but I thought the making of the head was somewhat of a challenge.  If I had never sewn clothes it would have been even harder.  Used Clover's yo-yo makers and lots of my brown fabric scraps to make the body.  Worked slick -- If you have stash scraps this would be a fun way to use them  Indigo Junction has lots of different yo-yo toys.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have a granddaughter that would love a monkey just like this one. Maybe a purple one. I can send you the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute monkey! And I really like the quilts, too! That's fun that you get to make samples for work :)

    ReplyDelete