Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Meltdown Averted

I took my Christmas BOM top to share at guild, last night.  I received lots of positive feedback.  Then I got home and discovered that I had lost it.  I panicked and searched the garage and car several times thinking that if it was not there I had actually left it at the center, but it was closing time when I left.  I sent out an urgent email to guild members, and called the guild chair.  Bedtime came and I still knew nothing so I expected a restless night of tossing, turning, and probably loud conversation when and if I was able to sleep.  I claim that material things are not that important to me, but this quilt top represented far more than pieces of fabric: fabric gathered over more than 15 years by me  and from my family and friends; my new found skills --- hours and hours of applique and piecing; and the knowledge that although I could make the top, again, and probably do a more professional job of it, it would not be as wonderful or have the same memories attached.  I was a wreck.
Then as we were headed to bed, Beth called and told me she had my precious quilt top.  Guess I really am a material girl!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I didn't realize it was your BOM that you lost. I thought it was the one that you were working on the other day. SO GLAD YOU GOT IT BACK!!!!

    ReplyDelete