Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Quilts of Valor

On Veterans' Day it seems appropriate to share something about Quilts of Valor. I am one of the lucky ones. My husband, a military man for over 28 years, has been in several hot spots around the world but has always returned unharmed. As a way of expressing my gratitude, I am quilting a number of Quilts of Valor to recognize the sacrifices of many less fortunate service members and to let each of them know they are appreciated for what they do. To date I have only quilted 5, but I just brought home 6 mores that I intend to quilt before the end of the year. Yes, I will have them done by Dec. 31. I am using a meander design rather than something more complex. We have lots of people who have pieced tops for this group, but the quilting part bogs down. I know the holidays are drawing near, but I will make the time in my schedule simply to say "Thank you" to all those who serve.

***Want to know more about Quilts of Valor, check out the website (It is under reconstruction, but there is still good information on it.) www.qovf.org





No comments:

Post a Comment