Friday, April 17, 2009

Have you read Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber?

Before I ever really quilted much of anything I received an advertisement in the mail for this Christmas Quilt-Block of the Month (1994) designed by Jeana Kimball and presented by Oxmoor House. (picture from the kit) Purchasing the monthly pattern was a guilty pleasure because I was only dreaming about doing it, SOMEDAY. Well, after reading Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber, the second thing I wrote down was that I had always wanted to learn to do hand applique and really complete this quilt. There are 36 different types of blocks with multiples of many. My quilt guild offered a class in needle turn applique in January, and I started working on this quilt immediately afterwards. It is a portable project and great for all the traveling that we have been doing. I have promised myself that I will complete three types of blocks each month and have all the blocks made by the end of 2009. It is April and I am on schedule. I finished the mistletoe block last night. So far, that has been the most challenging block, but I am sure Santa and sleigh, the train, and Noah's ark will be equally as interesting. With summer around the corner, I have sorted the fabrics for many of the applique blocks and have them standing by for long afternoons on the pontoon. I will try to keep you posted once a month on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment