Monday, February 15, 2010

Mother/Daughter Fun

I have been quilting for a long time and have managed to bring my daughter along with me. Last year we took a class and made Canyon Waves together.This year she gave me a fun quilting gift {Actually, I think she gave herself one and then thought it fit me, too. ---Not complaining, just considering the possibility.) This is a Block of the Month quilt with the pattern from Thangles, called Buck A Block Series #6. The fabric is from Kansas Troubles and based on the first block, she made an excellent choice of colors. I have done a little work with Thangles, but I am by no means well acquainted with them. I know that my points should match better, but I am learning. I fought the urge to do it my usual way with oversizing and trimming. The block is the right size and there is a 1/4" seam so the points should look good, too.

1 comment:

  1. Nope not just for me. I thought this would be a perfect gift for us together..... :-)

    ReplyDelete