Monday, February 22, 2010

I did it my way!

I had some flannel left from my mom's stash.  Didn't think it would really hold up in a quilt, so I made it into a purse.  I started out using Aunt Philly's Toothbrush Rugs oval pattern to make the base.  From there I just did what I thought was logical to make the bag and handles.  Yes, it did use up quite a bit of fabric, but I had it and didn't plan for it to be used any other way, so I just went for it.  The handles were built right in to the bag, so I am fairly certain they will stay attached.  The purse holds my planner, checkbook, cards, keys, a bottle of water, and an extra pair of mittens.  (Don't know exactly how much material I used, but think it was 6+ yards.)  Next time, I would probably just use inexpensive cotton fabric (not quilt store prices) and make the handles a little thinner, but keep the rest the same.  Great project for travelling or watching the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment