Friday, August 7, 2009

I have been humbled!

I was feeling really cocky about having quilted the six cousin quilts in less than a week, but then I started No.7. I was quilting along and had completed 24 of the 168 blocks before I realized that everything had shifted drastically about 40 degrees. I am still ripping out the stitches. Each one is a humbling experience.

How did this happen? Lack of pinning and attention. I had my MP3 tunes blasting and was singing at the top of my lungs to Amazing Grace when I spotted the error of my ways. Love to get lost in the music, but......

2 comments:

  1. One more try to comment then IGIVEUP. Your story reminds me of the Anderson's speeding ticket years ago. Way too much gusto from the backseat/backup singers as they cranked up Jesus Loves Me! Robin, will happily help with stitching those borders if you are looking for a hand--and a needle. This may come up "Mark" but it's really Sue. His sewing efforts would prove the distinction.

    ReplyDelete