Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Time to Play



In May, I bought a rather expensive set of templates to make my Canyon Waves quilt, but since Jamie was making one, too, it was well worth the price. Of course, I knew that the templates would be used again, but I would not have guessed it would have been this soon. The time was right to cut it and sew the blocks, since I was waiting for some other fabric to finish washing and drying. I cut out the pieces and made the blocks this afternoon. Curves are so much easier than I ever expected! I will let it sit overnight and see if I still like the arrangement in the morning. Then I will seam it together and maybe add a border. Right now it is 33" square and will make a great stroller blanket for my soon-to-be-born grandson, affectionately referred to as "Hisnibs". Tonight I will try an new block and quilting technique, but I am going to be earlier than last night even if my quilting juices are flowing right now!

Well, I did work on the the new type of block for about ten minutes, but then I thought about a possible border for the quilt. Not sure about it, but it is different. Offer an opinion if you have one.

1 comment:

  1. Love this drunkard's path quilt -- I'm waiting to Accuquilt to come out with a die for my GO cutter to make it easier!

    ReplyDelete