Monday, May 30, 2011

The Very Series Quilt

I purchased this kit featuring fabrics from Andover Fabrics with prints from The Very Series by Eric Carle.  I purchased it last year to make for my niece's new baby, but somehow it got put on the back burner and became a UFO.  I thought I had done most of it way back when. 

I took it along with me last week thinking that if i finished piecing the big quilt project, I would whip this up so I could finish it this month.  However, when I took it out to finish it so I can get it quilted before I pack up my machine, I discovered that I had only cut parts out.  I like making half square triangles, so that part when quickly.  The borders were a new experience for me.  I have done exactly 3 single border mitered cornered quilts.  This one has several borders, so I had a new experience.  I watched a video online because I did not completely understand the written directions.  The first corner was difficult to do, but once I figured it out the others went smoothly. 

I have finished the piecing of the king size quilt and quilted and bound several Quilts of Valor.  Now I need to quilt and bind the large quilt and a customer quilt.  Then I have 10 Quilts of Valor to quilt and bind for the Returning Warrior Weekend.  After that I will get this quilt and a "cousin quilt" quilted.  All of these needs to be finished by mid-June, so I will be spending a great deal of time in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment