Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Weather is one of those things, but having time for my visitor was wonderful!

I had some plans today that were not achieved because of the "FUN" snow and ice.  I had to take time to shovel and will have to do it again, but that is nothing new this year.  The challenge was that we have not really had ice all winter, but we did this time.  As I drove to chapel, I was almost hit several times, but my appointment with God was not to be denied.  Guess that will be counted as one of today's small miracles.  Even so, I was a little nervous about all the swerving vehicles.  I certainly was glad that it gave me more time to be home and enjoy the events of the afternoon.

When I got home I did the shoveling and salted the steps to deal with the ice.  Felt great to work out that way, but the focus was that I wanted to be ready for my visitor. .He is a retired Navy corpsman who has lived in this area for more than 50 years.  I spent a few hours talking about sails and sailing ships with my visitor.  He is making  special gift for my husband to say thank you for his help with several different projects and events. It was so interesting.  As we talked I found that we could easily relate because of my quilting and sewing experiences.  There was a lot of history shared, as well.  It was a delightful way to pass the day on this cold, wintry day.

Now I am going to go do some sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment