Monday, July 26, 2010

Shhh! The brown quilt is a wedding present!

I have been very busy piecing.  On Sunday, I finally finished the blocks and put together the top of my niece's wedding quilt.  I am going to do a simple meander with brown thread. (She got married in March, so I am definitely behind on it.) Then I finished off the borders on the green quilt.  The centers of the stars are embroidered blocks of four seasons done by my FIL.  I have not decided how it will be quilted, but I think I will outline the center of each block and then do some type of design in the star points with a fill stitch in the off-white.  I want to keep it simple. 
Tomorrow I am going to do a little quilting on several other quilt tops: another cousin quilt and one or two HeartStrings quilts.  Not ready to tackle a queen-size quilt yet, but it will be done in the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment