Thursday, July 15, 2010

Not Much Quilting Lately

We came down to Iowa to take care of our grandsons while their mom and dad were off having their new baby girl.  However, the hospital put off the induced delivery until yesterday, so I stayed and my husband and FIL went back to Minnesota.  Everything went fine all day, but then night came and the boys, ages 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 , double teamed me by trading off waking me up.  I got about an hour of sleep.  You probably can't imagine the way we slept with the three of us.  B was wrapped around my neck---not his arms, but most of his body.  D made my legs into a boat and settled in for a sail.  It was not really uncomfortable, but I was truly feeling pinned down.  This is the first time the boys have spend a night without at least one parent, so it was to be expected, but I can't wait to tell them about how the night went when they are teenagers.  lol
My new granddaughter is beautiful  (9 pounds, 22 inches, full head of dark hair), and everyone seems to be fine.  More on them later, with at least one photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment