Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Christmas BOM for September

I just finished the last of this month's blocks. I thought I only had to do two in order to be on track, but the recount showed that I needed all three. Tonight, I had to make three different sets of nine-patch block sets. The blocks are 3x3 inches. They go in several different places on the quilt. (The colors are not accurate, but I think it has something to do with where I chose to photograph them.) The train took quite a bit of time and will be 6x21. When I finished appliqueing the required parts I felt that the engine still needed some trim so I added the red pieces. Jamie and I have discussed adding some red trim to the top of the middle car, but I have not committed to it yet. Any opinions? The Santa block has lots of pieces and is not foundation pieced so I was a little concerned with making it come out to be the right size, but it is right on the mark, 8x12. In the photo, there is a bend in the fabric near the top of the hat, but I checked to make sure it was really okay. There are no facial features because it is done in what was referred to as the "Amish" style. I love it when a plan comes together!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment