Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPPY 4TH TO ALL! FOR THOSE AWAY FROM HOME DEFENDING OUR FREEDOM, THANK YOU! YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS!

This is the last of the Quilts of Valor that I have gathered.  As my July 4th tribute to our freedom, I finished attaching all the labels and bagged all of the quilts that had not left the house, yet.  He took them in before lunch so that we could have one more of our things checked off the "moving" list.

After much discussion and planning, I am taking my HQ16 with me to Vermont.  I am going to use the shorten version of the table and will be able to do up to twin size quilts.  I did not like the idea of putting it in storage for 14 months.   I had hoped that my daughter, who is a quilter, would manage to get her house sold and move into a bigger place so that she could play with the machine, but at this point they seem to be in a holding pattern (Market is not strong anywhere, is it?

This afternoon I am working on reconfiguring my batting storage.  With the help of my husband and FIL we have gotten it reorganized and labeled.  Some has been cut into lap size pieces, but I had purchased several rolls of bamboo batting just before we decided to do the Vermont experience for a year.  I love the batting especially for larger quilts, so I decided that I would put it into my climate controlled storage for when we actually move to South Dakota after Kevin finishes his school.

No comments:

Post a Comment